Thursday, May 1, 2014

Healthy Frozen Foods

As of today I have {once again} banned frozen and crappy foods from the house.  I do allow some frozen convience foods.  I am allowing things that cannot be made.  I'm not going to lie, with 3 active kids who need to be run to various activities in the evenings I'd love to be able to pop things in the microwave and serve them for dinner.  But, as a Health and Wellness Consultant, a Sports Nutrition Consultant, a personal trainer and an all around Health Freak, I feel guilty doing it.  I feel like I am aiding the possibility of my kids gaining weight, slowing down at their respective sports and causing my children's health to decline.  

I, myself, actually do sit down stand in the kitchen, to eat 4 out of 5 meals.  The only meal I actually SIT DOWN to is dinner.  And I love quick foods.  If you have searched the frozen food aisles you'll have noticed that 98% of all frozen foods are loaded with fat.  {Isn't 98% of all PACKAGED foods like that?!??}  

I have found a few low fat/fat free options in the grocery store.  I have these in my freezer most of the time.


Quorn Kung Pao Chik'n 
240 calories
1.5 g fat
10 g protein

I found this one just the other day.  I bought it and will give y'all a review on it when I actually try it.  But, it's vegetarian, microwavable and only has 1.5 grams of fat.  Can't beat that!
Click HERE for the Quorn Website



Peas of Mind -- Veggie Wedgies
70 calories 
0 g fat

I love these so much!  There's 4 different flavors, broccoli, cauliflower, apple, and carrot.  They look like french fries (if you ignore the color), and they kinda have the same texture.  The kids love them too!
Click HERE for the Peas of Mind Website




Garden Lites Souffles
140 calories 
1.5 g fat  
11 g protein

This is another quick dish for me.  Little personal souffles in a bunch of different flavors.  Check the box though because some are not as low fat as the others.  But, they taste delicious and they only take 3.5 minutes in the microwave.
Click HERE for the Garden Lites Website


Lastly, of course are veggie burgers and veggie dogs.  My favorites are the MorningStar Farms veggie dogs and the Original Vegan Veggie Burgers by Boca.  Both only have .5 grams of fat per serving and a good amount of protein.  

Have you found any healthy, lowfat/fat free frozen options that I haven't?  Let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment