There isn't a piece of cookware in my kitchen that WAS my mother's but, she has stocked about half of my bakeware throughout the years. Every Christmas I get a new piece. One of the things she bought me was my angel food cake pan.
Honestly I used to hate angel food cake, until it was the ONLY cake I could eat. Now I love it and love playing around with flavors and different ways of using it. For this recipe I used sugar free lemonade mix since there is SO MUCH sugar in the cake and then the glaze has added sugar. I prefer to not have a complete sugar bomb. Pink Lemonade would make this rather pretty too.
Angel Food Lemonade Cake
1 angel food cake (I normally use a box mix and make it myself but, you can use a store bought one)
.25-.5 cup sugar free powdered lemonade mix (depending on how lemony you want it)
1 cup powdered sugar
2-4 T water
- Poke holes in the top of the cake with a fork
- In a small bowl mix together lemonade mix and powdered sugar
- Whisk in water and continue whisking until you have a nice smooth glaze
- Pour glaze over the top of the cake making sure some of the glaze gets into all the holes.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.