Friday, April 4, 2014

Check In




Since the last time I checked in I've hired a coach.  He has put me on a training schedule and has set certain protein, carb and fat numbers that I have to reach every day.  

I follow alot of IFBB and NPC competitors on Facebook.  It's no secret that they eat the same thing every day.  {Before I get comments let me say that I already know that 100% of them don't.  But, many of them do}  When I first started my competition diet I swore I wasn't going  to be one of those people.  I was going to vary what I ate.  2 days in that completely changed.  I understood why they ate the same thing day in and day out.  It takes ALOT of work to vary your diet.  You have to calculate everything every day.  When you eat the same thing you know exactly what your macros {fat, carbs, protein, etc.} are for the meal.  

Here is my typical days menu:

Breakfast - 7 AM
1 cup of egg substitute or egg whites

1 slice of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread

Snack - 10 AM
1 cup of Plain Nonfat Greek yogurt
1 T PB2

Lunch - 1 PM
1 scoop of protein powder
1 cup of Silk light soy milk

Dinner - between 4 & 5 PM
I switch this up but at every meal I eat some sort of seafood and a salad {gotta get those veggies in!}

Snack 2/Dessert - between 6:30 & 8 PM
1 cup of Light and Fit Greek Yogurt 
1 scoop of protein powder

And before breakfast, snack 1, lunch, and dinner I eat 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.  I use the Peter Pan whipped so 1 teaspoon only has 1.33 grams of fat.  My coach is aware of the fact that I can't eat fat and it was actually him that suggested this.  "You can't build muscle without some fat."  

Sunday I decided to try "prepping" my meals.  When your meals are so simple, why should you prep?  Because, running back and forth to the scale before every meal was getting REALLY annoying.  Cooking and making meals isn't easy anymore.  It's not about cups, tablespoons, or teaspoons, it's about weight.  Everything must be weight to get the accurate macros.  Saturday my scale died and I told Ken that I couldn't eat until I got a new one.  


Ken has decided to compete in the same competition I am.  I'm actually really excited about it.  He made the decision to compete less than a week ago and it's been amazing to watch his mindset change.  His thoughts on food and nutrition have done a 180.  I'm really proud of him and can't wait to see his transformation.  {And I'll keep y'all updated too!}

Lastly, I finally finished my Nutrition and Wellness Consultant certification!  By the end of April I should have my Sports Nutrition Consultant certification, end of May will be my Weight Management Consultant certification and then the end of June I'll become a Master Nutrition Consultant.  2014 is going to be a good year!


No comments:

Post a Comment