Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIAW -- Sick Edition

Happy 1 year anniversary to the death of my gallbladder.  At 7:00 this morning exactly 1 year ago I was being wheeled into surgery to get it removed.  
Post surgery photos


Breakfast
Okay, so I kinda forgot until after.  But, as you can see it was delicious!  Fat free plain yogurt, 1/3 cup of blueberries, 1/8 of a cup of raspberries, and some sugar free maple syrup for sweetness.  140 calories, 19 grams of carbs, and 14 grams of protein.  Great way to start the day!  I also had a cup of coffee with 1/4 cup of light vanilla soymilk and a tablespoon of Stevia (warning: Stevia [and all other artificial sweeteners] cause bloating so, don't be worried if you notice your weight go up after you start using them)  

Lunch
Sorry it's blurry.  I stupidly decided to hold the plate while taking the picture.  My brain is still slightly shut off from being sick yesterday.  But this was my lunch.  Half of my squash that was leftover from last nite, 1/4 cup of peas, the garlic I had in with the squash and 2 portobello caps.  I used my spray butter, a sprinkle (a large sprinkle) of ranch powder, and a few shakes of hot sauce to give it a bit more flavor.  

Dinner

About a week ago we promised Kaylee and Mantha that we'd go out to Chinese tonite.  My stomach handled dinner hast nite okay so I figured I'd be safe to go.  The one Chinese buffet in town has a hibachi grill (which is the only thing I can safely eat.)  Before this one opened I had to go to St. Augustine for Chinese.  I always hated having to drive home while battling a food coma.  I talked about hibachi (or Mongolian BBQ) in a previous post so, if you don't know what it is take a look HERE.  Helpful diet tip:  Hibachi is one of the healthiest options at a Chinese buffet.  You control everything that goes into it.  There are no huge questions about calories, fat, sugar and all the other nutritional values of what you're eating.



{Unfortunately we went to dinner later than normal and I completely forgot to take a picture.  Sorry}


What did you have today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment