Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pumpkin Iced Mocha

Ever find a recipe that you want to perfect?  You HAVE to make it taste amazing?  This is the recipe that has been doing it for me.  I've tried a different way every day for about a week.  Tweeked everything atleast once.  But, I finally did it.  I finally got it just right.  

Just in time for pumpkin season!  Pumpkin is my favorite fall flavor.  I love it so much I'll use it until next March or April. Pumpkin coffee is back in both Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks.  This year McDonald's has brought out a pumpkin coffee.  I hate to admit it but I really want to try it.  I love cheap coffee. Dunkin Donuts makes the best Pumpkin Mochas and Pumpkin White Chocolate coffees.  The temperatures are still in the low-to-mid-80's here so, I've been getting mine iced.  Still 100% as yummy without the heat. 
If you don't like coffee then just leave out the coffee.  If you want to make this a hot drink just use freshly brewed coffee and/or heat up the milk. 






Pumpkin Iced Coffee
1 servings
Calories:  162
Fat:  1.7 g
Carbs: 34.6 g
Sugar: 1.6 g
Protein:  6.1g

Ingredients
1 cup Light Chocolate non-dairy milk (I used Silk)
1 cup cold coffee
3 T pumpkin puree
3 T maple syrup
1.5 t cinnamon

Directions

  1. Whisk all ingredients together, until pumpkin has mixed in with the liquid
  2. Pour in a large cup.

Not into pumpkin?  Make yourself a peanut butter cup iced coffee by switching out the pumpkin puree for 2-3 T PB2.  I would suggest using a blender to mix this one because the PB2 has a tendancy to clump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment