Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Omnivore's Dilema



Ever wonder where your food comes from?  Wonder how much fuel is being used to get your food to the store?  I know I did.  Even if you don't, do you enjoy an informative, good read?  Check out the Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan.  

I'm not going to lie, there were parts that were a bit hard to handle.  I had a feeling that would be the case so I purposefully read the version meant for children.  But, there is an adult version that I plan on reading soon. 

If I still ate meat then this book would probably change that.  Honestly though, this changes the way look at both your meat and your veggies.

Are your organics hurting the environment more that they are helping?  Is that cage free chicken REALLY roaming free?  How much corn is actually in your diet?  {hint:  it's probably a lot more than you think.}

Do you know why sushi is served with wasabi?
Answer:  Because wasabi kills the bacteria that is potentially living on the fish.


I love sitting outside reading in the fall.  The weather in October is perfect for curling up on the porch swing and working your way through a good book.  This is a perfect sit outside read.  

Next book on the Kindle is Vegan Before 6 by Mark Bittman.

No comments:

Post a Comment