Thursday, October 10, 2013

Gym Time!

 Image from:  Cheezburger.com


For the week leading up to the Mud Run I stayed out of the gym.  Thnis was in order to make sure my knees were okay for it.  {They have been giving me some issues lately}

In order to prepare myself for the run I had been doing nothing but cardio.  I am NOT a fan of cardio!  I was really looking forward to getting bvack to the gym and getting back to my weight training.  Unfortunately, I managed to bruise my tailbone.  It kept me out of school and the gym on Monday but, I decided to test it on Tuesday.  

I can't sit without pain so, the only exercises I can do are ones that allow me to stand.  Did you know that MOST weighted exercises are either seated or put pressure on your tailbone?  I didn't either until I hurt mine.  Luckily, squats don't hurt that bad.  Wednesday and today I did 25 minutes of mostly squats and squat variations.  I threw in a few standing ab exercises to give my knees a break.  

I have put together a list of good standing exercises that don't put too much pressure on your tailbone.

Squats
Lunges
Calf raises
Barbell Rows
Kettlebell swings
Kettlebell pushups
Single leg deadlift
Ab Twist with dumbbell, kettlebell or medicine ball
Deadlift


Astrid, the woman behind Better Believe Fit actually teaches kettlebell classes.  She has some awesome workouts up on her website.  *Bonus:  They're all tailbone friendly!*
Better Believe Fit Workouts


I'm hoping this pain goes away soon so I can go back to my normal workout.  Tomorrow I'm working my abs so I can give my glutes, hamstrings and quads a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment