Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Eve Appetizer and Christmas Dinner Recipes



When I was growing up {and before I moved to Florida}  we would goto my aunt's house every year for Christmas Eve.  There was always a big spread of munchies on the table.  Christmas Eve dinner has now become a spread of appetizers that everyone can choose between.  You can find all the recipes HERE. I'm adding crab rangoons to the table, per Kaylee's request.  And I'm not doing a crust on the spinach pie.  

Crab Rangoons
Note:  This would also possibly make a good filling for jalapenos!

Ingredients
1 package wonton wrappers
16 oz crabmeat {real not imitation.  But imitation would work too}
16 oz fat free cream cheese
4 - 5 green onions, minced


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425
  2. Combine crab, cream cheese and green onions
  3. Place about 1 T mixture into wonton wrapper, fold wonton wrapper over filling and pinch closed
  4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.



We always plan our Christmas dinner after my parents get to my house.  It's always a production.  We go back and forth debating on what we should have.  Every year it gets easier though.  They got here Friday nite and it only took us only an hour to get the menu put together.  Here it is:


Family's Main


Roast Chicken



My Main Dish:


Stuffed Pumpkin or Squash
I'm going to use this recipe as my base. How to make Suffed and roasted squash. {the Kitchn}  The vegetables are going to be onions, carrots, celery, and mushrooms.  I'm going to skip the proteins and grains and add more vegetables.  



Sides

Green Bean Casserole
Alton Brown's Best Ever Green Bean Casserole


Corn on the cob
Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Rolls


Dessert

Christmas Cake
Christmas Cake {The Fat Free Queen}

No comments:

Post a Comment