Sunday, February 9, 2014

Soft and Squishy!

Every Thursday Sunny and I make a different type of treat for Ken's work.  Normally it's cupcakes or cookies but, occasionally we switch it up and make something totally different.  I had been wanting to try making marshmallows for a while now.  So we made some for Baking Thursday.

They were alot simpler than I expected.  Sunny did everything that didn't include the stove.  She added all the ingredients to the pot before it went on the stove, she added the geletin and the water to the mixer, turned it on, and cut out the shapes.

I couldn't find my heart cookie cutter so we decided on stars.  




Strawberry Marshmallows
Reposted from:  Martha Stewart's Strawberry Marshmallows

Ingredients
4 envelopes (1 box) unflavored geletin
2.5 cups sugar
.66 cups strawberry jelly (I actually used sugar free raspberry preserves any flavor will do)
.66 cup corn syrup

Directions




Do you bake or cook with your kids?  Do they like it?  What do you guys make together? 

No comments:

Post a Comment