Thursday, February 27, 2014

Check in






Set backs are fun aren't they??  No, I'm joking.  They totally suck.  7 months from today I have plans to compete in the NPC Daytona Beach Classic.  212 days.  30 weeks.  It seems like so much time but no time at all.  

Earlier this month I started training and working on my nutrition.  But, Friday I ended up making a trip to the E.R.  Diagnosis?  Pneumonia, AGAIN!  They put me on 2 different medications that have screwed things up a bit.  

A week before my ER visit I started eating 5 small meals a day.  Breakfast, a snack, lunch, dinner and another snack.  One of the medications has completely messed with the timing of my meals.  The other medication caused my joints to feel really loose and I cancelled a few workouts.  Luckily I was only on that prescription for 5 days.

But, this is the reason I started so early.  To make room for these things.  

Training

  • Train 5-6 days a week
  • 2 days lower body
  • 2 days upper body and back
  • 1 day cardio and core
Nutrition
  • 5 small meals
  • Alternate high and low carb days  {low carb = no bread, pasta, rice, potatoes}
  • Portion control 
  • Load up on fruits and veggies
Want to see my vision for September 27th?  These ladies are how I envision myself.







No comments:

Post a Comment