I decided to do baked oatmeal tonite. The girls loved it and I love one pot/pan meals. Mix it together, pop it in the oven and VOILA! yummy dinner in a short time. I found the recipe from Skinny Taste
- 2 medium bananas, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 1 cup uncooked Quaker Multigrain Cereal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of skim milk
- egg whites or egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a square baking dish with pan spray
- Lay the bananas and blueberries in the bottom, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the syrup and 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes until the bananas are all nice and roasted
- In a separate bowl combine all the other ingredients.
- When the bananas come out of the oven pour the oat mixture over the bananas.
- Put it back in the oven for 30-45 minutes until golden brown and set.
Oatmeal has many health benefits. It...
- Lowers cholesterol
- Reduces the risk of high blood pressure
- Is full of antioxidants
- Is filled with antioxidants
- Protects against heart disease
- Can protect against breast cancer
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Boosts the immune system
- Prevents diabetes
- Can prevent weight gain
- Is gluten free