Monday, November 19, 2012

Mod Podge Post

As I mentioned before I'm a bit behind on my posts.  I've decided just to post my missed posts as 1.  


The other day was my monthly trip to BJ's.  You never think of how much of a workout it is.  One time I mapped it and I walked close to 2 miles while we were shopping.  2 MILES!!  It's crazy that a store could be big enough for you to walk that far in it.  But getting a nice long walk isn't the only exercise you can get in while you're there (or at any store for that matter.) 

  1. Squats -- When your reaching onto lower shelves for things bend your knees and do a squat instead of bending your back.  
  2. Pushing the Cart -- Make sure to engage your core and working your arms
  3. Walking Lunges -- If you don't mind the possibility of people staring then do some walking lunges while pushing your cart around the store.
  4. Calf Raises -- Reaching for something a bit out of your reach?  Raise your heels up and down a few times
  5. Bicep Curls -- Stop your cart at the far end of the aisle and go pick up what you need and walk back to your cart.  On the walk back do some bicep curls with your purchase.  (This is especially good at a big box store where packages are bigger and bigger normally equals heavier)
Then there's the more well known ones:  

  1. Take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator
  2. Park farther away from the store


Since we're on the topic of exercise in random places, I was so busy for a few days that I didn't have any time to get in a normal workout.  (Sad, I know)    While I was studying and working on my essay I found some little simple exercises I could do while doing my homework.  I like to call this a homeworkout

Squats
Jumping Jacks/Phantom Jump Rope
Sit Ups
Reverse Crunches
Leg Lifts   

These are a few links to some good chair workouts for while you're sitting at your computer:
LiveStrong 
LiveStrong 
Men's Health

When you need a break from homework do this awesome (and I do mean awesome!)  workout.
Blogilates Gangnam Style Workout

How do you sneak exercise into your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment