Friday, April 12, 2013

Living Simply, or Simply Living?

My husband loves me.  Wanna see what he bough me himself?  (I have a gym membership so, he mostly bought it for himself.)  

A bit shabby but, it works and it's great for the days [Friday, Saturday, and Sunday] when I don't goto the gym.  Do you consider this "living simply?"

That's the NaBloPoMo prompt for the day.  How do you interpret the words "live simply"? 

This question seems so easy....yet it's so complex.  I feel like I live simply, yet again I feel like there are parts of my life that are rather lavish.  I live in a simple house.....half a mile from the beach.  I have a gym membership....and I now have a home gym....that was bought used and very cheap.  

So do I live a simple life?  Compared to who?  But to me, living simply is living at or below your means.  I'm not driving a car I cannot afford [I drive a 10 year old car], I don't have any credit cards, and I shop at Walmart and Target.  My life is not complex.  It's as simple as simple can be. 

You know what else is simple?  My food.  I have some awesome simple recipes for you coming soon.  

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment