Friday, April 26, 2013

Carrot Zucchini Bread



Which is more important to you, pretty baked goods or tasty ones?  These muffins fit perfectly into my personal food perspective.  "It doesn't matter how they look, all that matters is that they taste good."  I am always the first one to admit that my baked goods are really ugly.  And MAN, are these ugly!  They are delicious though.  

I used the big holes on my grater and I think that's part of the reason they were ugly.  If I had shredded them smaller they would have been prettier. I found this recipe on Happy Herbivore.  It's basically the chocolate zucchini muffins that I have posted about before without the chocolate.  Sunny helped me with these.  I measured, she dumped and mixed.  These muffins are so easy a 4 year old can do it {it's really scary to call her a 4 year old....still can't believe she's that big}

Zucchini Carrot Muffins
Adapted from Happy Herbivore
Makes 12
Calories: 67
Fat 0.3 g
Sugar 1.5g

Ingredients
1.5 c whole wheat flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 c sugar free maple syrup
6 T applesauce
1 t vanilla
.25 c skim milk
.75 c shredded zucchini
.75 c shredded carrot

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Spray a muffin tin with pan spray or use muffin liners
  3. Mix together flour and baking powder
  4. Add in syrup, applesauce, skim milk and vanilla.  Stir to combine
  5. Fold in zucchini and carrot
  6.  Fill muffin cups 2/3 full
  7. Bake for 18-25 minutes  (I think mine actually took about 30 but, start with 18) or until a toothpick comes out clean
  Happy belated National Zucchini Bread Day everybody! Do you have a zucchini bread recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment