Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Great Brunch Idea...Swet Potato Pancakes!!

Recipe Redux Time! Yes folks, it's that day of the month when I reveal my entry for the Recipe Redux.  If you don't know what it is then click here to find out more.

The theme this month is Shower Brunches.  If y'all read my blog regularly then you know that I love live for breakfast foods.  I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  When I got this theme I was super excited.  I got an idea but, by the time I went to make it, my star ingredient had gone bad.

When I came across this recipe I knew it was perfect.  It's a little sweet, a little savory, great for brunch.  I have been munching on them since I made them.  I spread them with peanut butter, dip them in syrup, and make them into pb&j sandwiches. I actually made these on the day of Kaylee's party because I couldn't eat the cake and I didn't want to be left out.  



Sweet Potato Pancakes
Adapted from Super Healthy Kids
makes 6
calories 101
fat 0.2
protein 4.7

Ingredients
1/2 cup sweet potato.
1 cup skim milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c egg substitute
3/4 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder


Directions
  1. Cook sweet potato until soft.  (You could possibly use canned if you wanted to)
  2. Mash and measure out a cup and place in a bowl.
  3. Add skim milk, egg substitute cinnamon and vanilla and mix well.
  4. Mix in flour and baking powder
  5. Using a 1/4 measuring cup drop onto greased heated skillet (heat the skillet on medium to medium high)
  6. Flip when the sides start to bubble 
  7. When the second side is brown take off


Every time I get the hankerin' for pancakes I think I'm going to make this....or I'll just make a big batch to freeze so I can eat them whenever I want.  These would also be great to serve a child who doesn't care for vegetables. 





  

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you - I could eat breakfast food for every meal - these look really yummy and I love putting PB on pancakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until these I had never put peanut butter on pancakes. I don't know why I had never thought of it before. It's amazing!

      Delete
  2. Great idea to make a big batch and freeze these yummies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I make pancakes or waffles I always stick the leftovers in a bag and freeze them so I can occasionally give the family pancakes without doing all the work.

      Delete