Sunday, May 19, 2013

Kaylee Party Recap

Right now it's 5:22 in the morning and I'm hiding in my garage because I have little girls scattered all over my living room.  Seriously, it looks like a crime scene.  There's 2 sprawled out on the floor, one curled up on the loveseat, one on each end of the couch and the last one is asleep SITTING UP on the couch.  I wish I could get a picture for you.  But, I'm enjoying the quiet.  It's been over 12 hours since I've heard any silence in this house so I'm taking the time to start this post.

Anyways, yesterday was Kaylee's birthday.  She had an 11:30 game, her final game of the season.  They won {YEY!} 3-1.  As sad as I was to miss her final game, I stayed at home to work on stuff for the party.  Since Sirr is here for the week he was more than happy to take her and see her play.  Unfortunately during the game one girl dislocated her ankle and another got hurt.  

Kaylee's friends got here around 2:00.  They are some of the most interesting, smartest girls I've met.  I think I've had better conversations with them then I have with many adults I've interacted with recently.  We headed up to the pool and they got to swim for about an hour before we did cake and presents.  I also set out some chips, dip, and watermelon for them to snack on.  Some of the girls had to leave at 5 {I had 2 options for the parents.  If they couldn't sleep over they could come for the party from 2-5} so we headed back to the house.  They ran around like crazy girls until it was time to make pizza.  Then they ran around like crazy AFTER they made pizza.  Actually, I really don't think they stopped running around like crazy...

As party of their goody bags I had them decorate pillowcases.  They had a blast doing it.  

After dinner and pillowcases it was time to do makeup.  Finally at around 10 we had them settle down to watch a movie.   They chose A Wrinkle in Time because they were reading it in school.  Turns out it's a 2 hour movie!  While they were watching the movie I set out popcorn, and pretzels.  The popcorn was plain.  I figured after the chips and dip, candy and cake, they didn't need any more salt and buttery fatness going in their body.  {Kaylee's lucky I love her so much or this would have been a TOTAL health freak party}  We, after being rudely asked  "DON'T YOU BELIEVE IN BUTTER OR SALT??!!??"  I went into a brief lecture on the health risks associated with high sodium diets. I am proud of myself for keeping it short and simple (and appropriate for 10 year olds.)   {During breakfast I was given hell by a certain child because we only had sugar-free syrup, we don't normally use butter, salt, or really eat junk food, and because we don't have ice cream in the house.}

I ended up crashing at around 11:30. According to Ken the girls finally fell asleep at around 2.  They ended up waking up around 7:30.  For breakfast we had Puffins (pancakes made in a muffin tin.  I do this so I don't have to stand over the stove for 2 hours making a million pancakes.) and then we headed to the pool for about an hour.  By 11:30 it was just the family.  

The girls relaxed and watched Hotel Transylvania while I cleaned up a bit.  We went out to Golden Corral for dinner and came home and did cake cookies and presents.  Kaylee and Mantha's stomachs were not too happy from a day full of eating crummy food.  Next party we have is going to be a healthy party.  I will allow a cake but, no cookies, candy, or junk food.  

Kaylee claims she had a wonderful birthday.  I'm so happy that she had fun.  Next time though, Ken and I have decided to keep it small and simple.  Well, maybe not simple but, atleast small.  

All in all it was an excellent day.  I sent the kids to bed early because they were starting to break down on me.  Good nite fat free family!  I promise there won't be as much time between this post and my next one.  Life is calm now.  My break has officially begun (besides stocking up for vacation and working on my AFAA book.)









No comments:

Post a Comment