Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Vegetarian Meatloaf

I assumed that when school was over I would get to relax.  BOY, was I wrong!  As soon as I finished finals I had to start working on Kaylee's partyu, work on my AFAA stuff, and take care of a house and three kids.

So, now that Kaylee's party is over (and it was a big success, the girls are STILL talking about it) I can start fociusongh my attention on AFAA.  I'm kinda bunned that I'm not done already but, I be there soon.

Fat Free Queen is another thing that I had to set aside becuase of all the other things that were keepiong me busy.  But, I'm back full force!

Ken has been asking for a meatloaf for a while now.  I decided to test out a vegetarian meatloaf.  It turned out better than I expected.  The only person who didn't enjoy it was Sunny but, she's a picky eater (and I'm hoping that changes soon.) 

Photo Courtesy of Boca
Vegetarian Meatloaf
Adapted from Boca
(Nutritional information is from the recipe's site)
Calories: 160
Fat: 2 g (I personally think this number is high)
Protein: 15g
Fiber: 5g
Carbohydrates: 24g

1 pkg.(12 oz.) frozen BOCA Veggie Ground Crumbles
1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs (I ground 2 slices of reduced calorie wheat bread in the food processor)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, diced
1/2 cup egg beaters
1/4 cup barbecue sauce

Directions
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. 
  2. Microwave crumbles in a bowl for 1-2 minutes
  3. Sautee your onions and green peppers until soft
  4. Mix in all other ingredients
  5. Put in a greased loaf pan
  6. Bake 35-45 minutes depending on how crunchy you want the top
This hit the spot for Ken.  I served it with baked potatoes and carrots.  Just remember, just because you're eating a low fat diet, it doesn't mean you can't have the food you crave.  

What comfort foods do you miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment