Monday, June 10, 2013

Kinda Successful Cookie

I know I posted on Facebook that I had given up on cookies.  But, I came across this recipe for cookies in my Happy Herbivore cookbook.  I had to give it one last shot.  These came out alot better than my other tries.  Still a little cake-y but, I can deal with it.  The original recipe calls for chocolate chips but, I substituted craisins.  I accidentally smooshed this one after I baked it.  They came out still round and not very flat.  I recommend after you put them on the baking sheet lightly press them down so you get a flatter, more normally shaped cookie.

Craisin Cookies
Adapted from Happy Herbivore's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Makes 14
Calories: 49
Fat 0.1 grams
Sugar: 2.9 grams
Protein: 1.1

Ingredients
1/3 c applesauce
1 T  Brown Sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c skim milk
1 c white flour
1 t baking powder
1 T cornstarch
1/4 c craisins

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheet
  2.  In a large bowl combine first 4 ingredients
  3. In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and cornstarch
  4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well
  5. Fold in craisins
  6. Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and flatten a bit.  Bake for 8-10 minutes for a cakey cookie.  Bake a bit longer for a firmer cookie


No comments:

Post a Comment