Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hot and {Semi} Healthy

Hello August, how the heck did you get here so fast?  I can't believe that the summer is almost over.  The girls go back to school in 2.5 weeks and I start school at the end of August.  I feel like every summer starts off slow and then WAM! it's over.

For the past week and a half I've been eating as clean and healthy as possible.  I've had a bit of a set back this week (which I'll talk about in my weigh-in post on Sunday) but, for the most part I've been going strong.  I also have an inner fat girl that demands dessert.  Healthy and dessert can be found in the same sentence.  I do it often.

If you have been watching my Instagram photos I've posted dessert nightly.  When I'm trying to be healthy I drink a lot of coffee as dessert.  I love coffee.  To me, it's a treat though.  I'm a cream and sugar with a hint of coffee girl so, it used to be a really big diet killer for me.  My new thing?  Flavored coffee.  In my cabinet right now I have 3 or 4 different flavors.  My current favorite though? Archer Farms S'more flavored coffee. It's got a hint of chocolate and a creamy taste.  Pure bliss.    

This is my favorite way of treating myself to coffee.  

Dessert Coffee
Serves 1
Calories: 166
Fat: 0.4g
Carbs:  37.2g
Sugar:  29.4g
Protein:  3.7g

1 cup of coffee (warm or iced)
.25 cup skim milk
Sugar substitute to taste
1 T chocolate syrup
1/4 cup miniature marshmallows

Directions
  1. Stir first 4 ingredients together
  2. Top with marshmallows?
Are you a morning, nite or anytime coffee person?  Do you have any special coffee recipes?  If you do share it with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment