Thursday, September 13, 2012

A note to my past self.

Oh.My.Gawd!!

I'm appalled at my past self.  I would love to go back and yell at me.  

While doing a project for my nutrition class I was forced to look at the nutritional information of a meal that my past self would have eaten.  Actually I did eat it, more often then I'd like to admit.

The restaurant I chose was Outback Steakhouse.  My meal?  A Bloomin' Onion (which was split between the whole family), a 20 oz Porterhouse, side Caesar salad, and a loaded baked potato.

Wow!  Those are the only words to describe my feelings towards the fact that I actually allowed myself to eat that stuff.

That meal contained 2056 calories, 145 grams of fat, 56 grams of saturated fat, and 2859 grams of sodium.  

If I knew then what I know now I probably would have reached my goal weight alot quicker.  With dinners like that why was I surprised my weight wasn't dropping?

But as Bender said on Futurama, "Every decision we make opens up a universe of possibilities."

What's the unhealthiest meal you've ever eaten?

No comments:

Post a Comment