Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wacky Workout Wednesday and Forgotten Stirfry



Aren't these chopsticks great???  They were given to the girls by my in-laws.
Somehow I managed to forget to add my stirfry recipe from last nite.  Well, Mr. Amazing did an excellent job of executing my vision.  Originally I had planned on doing a mushroom shepard's pie but, Kay asked for stirfry so I switched it up.  Can I also say that I love stirfry?  It's awesome.  You can alter it to fit your mood.  It's so versitile.

Mr. Amazing's AMAZING Stirfry
1 lb mushrooms, sliced
1/2 lb carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 medium onion, sliced
1 green onion, sliced diagonally
1 head of broccoli cut into florets
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce


  1. Spray and heat a large skillet over med-high heat
  2. Saute onions, garlic and carrots until soft
  3. Add broccoli and half of the teriyaki sauce.  Cook until broccoli is tender.
  4. Add mushrooms and the other half of the teriyaki sauce.  Cook until mushrooms are soft, stirring occasionally.
  5. Serve over rice.
I have to say that the sodium in the teriyaki sauce is killing my body.  I woke up 2 lbs heavier and an inch thicker around the middle.  Try and drink extra water when your sodium intake is especially high.  The extra water will start to flush out the salt.

So what did I do today?  

Well, I'll let you know.  If you've read previous blog posts you know that I love my unique, nontraditional workouts.  Such as, carrying a cinderblock or fence sprints.  

Yesterday Mr. Amazing and I were in a super silly mood so our play fighting turned into us giving each other piggy back rides up and down the driveway.  He made it up and down, I only made it down.  

Kay was playing outside at the same time and I realized she was lighter and easier to carry than he was.  I carried her around the whole block. 
 Isn't she pretty?  I'm so lucky to have pretty girls.  I really don't think there is a "standard" beauty.  One person's beautiful is another person's ugly.  But that's besides the point....

Did you do an untraditional workout today?  How do you feel about stirfry and beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment