|This is what it should look like while it's draining|
|Close up of the baked eggplant|
But how does a fat-free pescatarian do pulled pork?
They wait until they come across a recipe for it like I did.
BBQ Pulled Eggplant
Adapted from Chubby Vegetarian
3 medium to large eggplants
1-2 cups of barbecue sauce
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise
- Spray it with cooking spray and place it cut side down on a greased baking sheet
- Place it in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove eggplant and cool. When they are cool peel the skin off. Put the eggplant in a strainer and let the moisture drain.
- Put it back on a baking sheet and coat it with barbecue sauce (you can use as much or as little as you like)
- Place it back in the oven for 20 minutes until the sauce starts to caramelize.
- Enjoy on a nice whole wheat bun or over pasta.
This meal was healthy, filling and delicious. I also made sauteed cabbage and baked beans. I love meals like this because of the fact that they are so filling but they don't pack a huge caloric punch.
I was happy that this wasn't loaded with calories after my exhausting morning workout. It was another video workout morning. I found 2 heart pounding workouts on Fitness Blender.
Can you HIIT like a girl?
Lower body Tabata Workout
These 2 workouts were 50 minutes of intensity. I'm glad I got it in though. Today was a gloomy, stay-in-the-house type of day. I wasn't able to go for my bike ride. I'm trying to work up to 7 miles without being completely worn out so I can bike to school. If I bike to school I'll save gas, money, and the Earth. Plus I'll have a built in workout 2 times a week.
What your favorite comfort food? Have you found a healthier way to make it?
Weeks worth of prompts
Monday -- How much of the world have you seen?
Answer: I've been to15 states and I've never been to any other countries. I travel the world through food though
Tuesday -- What was the best thing you've ever seen on a trip?
Answer: Disney World. Actually it was my kids' faces the first time we went to Disney World. There's honestly nothing better than watching your daughter's face light up when she meets a princess. (Or the look of horror when she sees the "scary" Mickey Mouse)
Thursday -- Talk about your favorite photograph
This is one of my favorite pictures. It's my whole family on one of the happiest days of my life. From Left to Right: Gramma (holding Baye), Sirr, Me, Kay, Mo, Mr. Amazing, Sarie and Berto.