Friday, September 21, 2012

Baked Oatmeal





Doesn't that look delicious?  It's strawberry baked oatmeal.  I had some strawberries and yogurt that I needed to use up so this is what I decided on.  It was hearty and filling and the calories were outrageous.

Strawberry Baked Oatmeal (from Snack Girl)

2 c oatmeal 
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t cinnamon
2 1/2 c strawberries (you can actually use any fruit you'd like)
1 cup milk
1 cup fat free greek yogurt (I used plain but next time I might try using vanilla or the same flavor as the fruit                                            I'm using)
1/2 c egg substitute
1/4 c liquid sweetener (I used sugar free syrup)


  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray
  3. Mix all ingredients
  4. Put into pan and cover with foil
  5. Bake for 20 minutes, remove the foil then bake for another 25 minutes
Next time I make it I think I'm going to up the amount of oatmeal.  The yogurt, oatmeal ratio was too high.

What other fruit do you think would be good in this recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment