Sunday, September 9, 2012

A week away

This past week I had a few of my best friends from Virginia in town.  Before they arrived I was CERTAIN I could juggle school, my kids, my blog and my friends.  Turns out I could only juggle school and my friends.  My kids barely acknowledged my existence while my friends were here.  But I'm now back and in full force.  

The next 10 days are supposed to be filled with rain.  No fun.  Guess I'll have to squeeze Baye's outside playtime in between rain showers.


Friday I made tomato soup from scratch.  It was A.MA.ZING!  And this is coming from a person who HATES tomato soup.

The only thing that kills me is that making something from scratch is more expensive than buying it premade in a can.  I probably spent $4 on my homemade soup when I could have spent $1.50 on a can of soup.  
On the upside though there was very little sodium, no preservatives and no ingredients I couldn't pronounce.  

Easy Tomato Soup
6 cups diced tomatoes (approx 7 small)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 small onion
1.5 cups vegetable broth


  1. Spray pot with cooking spray and heat over med-high
  2. Saute onions and garlic until soft
  3. Add tomatoes and broth.  Bring to a boil for about 15 minute
  4. Working in batches put tomato mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.  {You can also blend with an immersion blender or a food processor}
  5. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment