Friday, September 13, 2013

F Is For....Forgotten Friday

This post is going to be exactly what the title implies.  It's going to be a mish-mash rambling post.  There are a few old posts that I never got a chance to post.  They got shoved to the back and I want to give them to you now, along with some information that I've been dying to let you in on.

Let's start with news....

  • I have decided to postpone my photo shoot.  I originally planned it being the week of October 6th.  But, due to the fact that my diet was crap due to getting used to our hectic schedules and I missed all but a handful of workouts for 2.5 weeks I am nowhere near where I want to be.  So, I'm putting it on hold until I can get into the shape I want to be in.  
  • I have started my cardio training for the mud run on the 5th.  I have 2 goals for this run.  Beat Ken and finish in under 90 minutes.  Ken is doing his run at 11:30 and my time is at 10 so, if I don't finish by then I screw him over.  I have been using this new piece of equipment at the gym.  

It's called the Helix Lateral Trainer.  It's kind of like an elliptical machine except instead of forwards, you move your legs clockwise and counter-clockwise.  (You switch in the middle of your workout)  It's a major workout and it targets muscles that you don't normally use.  I was quite sore for a few days after I used it the first time.  I am addicted now.

Since we're on the topic of exercise, I became obsessed with the rowing machine (I still am, I am just MORE obsessed with the Helix at the moment...gotta switch up your routine from time to time to keep your body from getting used to it.)  The rowing machine has a bunch of benefits.  It's a major  calorie burner and it's a total body workout.  Below are some links about how awesome and beneficial the rowing machine actually is.

Rowing Machine Links

Next I bring you a nice gravy recipe.  It's great for going over biscuits.  If you thin it out a bit then it would make an awesome stew also.  This recipe  came about due to my love of comfort food and a failed meatloaf recipe.  It's versatile and awesome.  Give it a try!

Meat Lovers Meatless Gravy
Recipe
2 bags Boca Soy Crumbles
1 bag frozen peas
2 medium onions, diced
1 T minced garlic
5 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup cornstarch (or more if you want it thicker

Directions
  1. Cook peas according to directions
  2. Saute onions and garlic until soft
  3. Add  in soy crumbles and cook until thawed.
  4. Add in peas and vegetable broth.  Bring to a boil
  5. Mix cornstarch with water and make a paste.  Whisk into vegetable broth.
  6. Boil until thickened.
And lastly, a product review.  (This is the brand I used for my K recipe that's coming up later this month)

Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal Review


To order this shirt head over to Zazzle

Every time I went to Diane's my eyes would lock onto Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal.  I finally picked some up a while back.  The texture is more like grits but, the taste is very oatmeal-y.  The hot cereal is a mixture of  red wheat, rye, triticale, oat bran, oats, corn, barley, soy beans, brown rice, millet, and flaxseed.  It's delicious.  Honestly you should go buy some!  You should be able to get it at your local health food store or Whole Foods.

Well, thank you for reading my scatter randomness!!




No comments:

Post a Comment