I love trying new flavors and mix-ins. Many times I make them into ice cream sandwiches and I even made Mantha an ice cream cake for her birthday. Sunny really wanted to make ice cream so, we made these. The banana one isn't as creamy as normal frozen yogurt but, it's really delicious. If you don't have an ice cream maker you can freeze it then puree it in a blender or food processor.
Both recipes are adapted from The Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt Cookbook by Mable and Gar Hoffman
Banana-Maple-Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt
Fat -- 0.7g
Sugar -- 6.5g
Protein -- 3.2g
1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup
1 T lemon juice
.5 cup fat free milk
1 cup plain yogurt
- Puree first 3 ingredients in food processor until smooth
- Stir in milk and yogurt
- Freeze in ice cream maker
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream
Calories -- 243
Fat -- 15.7g
Sugar -- 18.5g
Protein -- 5.5g
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups milk (I used fat free and that's what the calorie count has in it)
.5 cup sugar
.5 cup chunky peanut butter
2 cups half and half (plain creamer will also work)
- Combine chocolate chips, milk, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in peanut butter and melt.
- Cool completely
- Stir in whipping cream and freeze in ice cream maker
Would you be interested in seeing more ice cream recipes? What are your favorite flavors? Let me know!