There are a few things that you don't know about Sunny.
1) She loves to bake
2) She isn't a huge dessert fan
3) Cookies, ice cream and donuts are the only desserts she'll actually finish
4) Before bed she enjoys cuddling and watching Food Network and The Cooking Channel with me.
The other night we were watching Unique Sweets on The Cooking Channel. It was the episode about donuts. In this episode one of the places they were talking about was The Donut Man in California. One of their famous donuts is a strawberry stuffed yeast donut.
So, since I'm participating in Vegan Mofo I decided to treat y'all to a vegan blueberry donut. Honestly though, this recipe would work well with any puree. In the mood for strawberry? Use strawberries! Want a really simple one? Use applesauce! Do you want to sneak in some veggies for the kids? Puree zucchini. You could even make these chocolate by cutting out 1/4 cup flour, add in 1/4 cup cocoa powder and up the sugar to about 4-6 tablespoons.
Adapted from: Happy Herbivore's Vegan Donuts
Fat: 0.01 g
Carbs: 11.0 g
Sugar: 1.6 g
Protein: 1.4 g
.5 cup fat free soy milk
.5 cup blueberry puree
1 t lemon juice
2 t vanilla
3 T sugar free syrup
2 T sugar
2 cups white flour
.25 cup whole wheat flour (or extra white flour)
.5 t baking powder
.5 t baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350
- Stir together soy milk, blueberry puree, vanilla, and syrup
- Mix together sugar, both flours, baking powder and baking soda
- Add wet to dry and mix well
- Grease your cake pop pan and add batter according to directions. (I had to do 2 batches)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until done.
- Let cool on a baking rack.