Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Curveball Week

I'm a bad mom.  My house ran out of milk last night.  I thought I had enough to last me until this morning but, it all got drank with dinner.  This is what my kids ended up with for breakfast.

Awwww, poor babies??  I think they're pretty damn lucky that we had no milk or they would have been stuck with boring cereal.  I wish I had taken a picture after I stirred it tho.

Curveball Oatmeal (serves 2)
2 servings of oatmeal, cooked to your liking (I used the directions on the tub)
4 T sugar-free maple syrup
4 T cocoa powder
2 T chocolate chips


  • Stir everything together until the chocolate chips are melted and the cocoa powder is distributed evenly
  • Divide evenly among 2 bowls 
  • Finish with a splash of skim (or non-dairy) milk to cool and/or thin it out 
I added a sprinkle of cherry craisins to theirs.  For mine I reduced the cocoa powder to 1 1/2 Tablespoons and added half a banana and a splash of soymilk.  (I used soymilk in the girls too)

Calories --281
Fat --  7.2 g
Cholesterol -- 2 mg
Sodium -- 161 mg
Carbs -- 57.9 g
Fiber -- 7.7 g
Sugar -- 6 g
Protein -- 8.1 g

See?  It looks decadent and unhealthy but the calories aren't all that bad.  

Life loves to throw me curveballs though, just like the oatmeal.  This weekend life threw me another curveball.  I finally (after about 2 months) got my motivation back to exercise.  But, when I woke up Saturday morning determined to workout, my knees were killing me.  I've been in serious pain since then.  Now I'm on the hunt for a zero impact mega calorie burning workout.  Now isn't that a big FU to start off the holiday season?? 

Now off to the chiropractor.  Hopefully they can work the issues out of my knee. 

Do you have any curveball recipes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment