Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve!

Every year since we've moved here we have gone to St. Augustine's Beach Blast on the pier.  The kids have a blast in the "Kidz Zone."  We wander around a people watch, get dinner from the food carts, and end the evening with fireworks.  Then we go home, break out some snacks and wait for midnight with whichever kid is still awake.

This year wasn't any different, except we got to finally spend this year with Gramma and Sirr.



I love traditions.  As a neurotic scheduler, planner and list maker, traditions make life so much simpler.  I don't have to figure out what's going on, plan our day or anything. 

I packed myself a sandwich since I knew that I wouldn't be able to eat anything.  I ended up getting a meatless gyro. A pita, lettuce, tomato, onion and Tzatziki.  I ended up being miserable for most of the night.  Let's just say that tzatziki sauce is NOT fat free.  Next year I need to open a stand at the Beach Blast offering vegetarian, low-fat/fat-free food.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment