I have been wanting to try making a frittata for forever and I finally had to tool to make it. But, I had 6 people to feed. A 12 inch skillet wouldn't be big enough. I searched online and found out how to make a frittata in a casserole dish. (Why couldn't I have found it MONTHS ago??)
It was perfect. I served it with baked potatoes and Green Goddess muffins from Happy Herbivore. I added a grated zucchini and substituted the applesauce for mashed carrots. They were awesome. Next time I'll remember to get a photo before they all disappear.
Fat Free Frittata
3 cup egg substitute (I used a combination of egg whites and egg substitute)
24 oz mushrooms, sliced and sauteed with 1 T minced garlic
1 medium onion, diced and sauteed with 1 T minced garlic
Splash of skim milk
1/2 cup of shredded fat free cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a 9x13 casserole dish with parchement and spray it with non-stick spray
- Put the mushrooms in the bottom, completely covering the bottom of the pan
- Scatter the onions around on top, and then sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheddar on top of that
- Pour the egg into the casserole dish
- Top with remaining cheese
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the egg is set
Next time I make it I'll try to remember to get a good picture of it. So next time you look in your fridge and only find a bunch of eggs and some veggies, make it into a frittata!