Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy Belated National Cookie Day!


Yesterday (December 4) was National Cookie Day.  The first week in December is National Cookie Cutter Week.   In honor of the day I figure I'll let you in on the recipes for the Christmas cookies I'm making for the girls teachers at school and for Mr. Amazing's coworkers.

Sugar Cookies -- Courtesy of Mr. Alton Brown.  ( I love this man!)
Chocolate Chocolate Chip -- You can never go wrong with a recipe from Tollhouse!
Flourless Peanut Butter -- I have seriously come to appreciate Martha Stewart recently.  In this recipe I leave out the peanuts and chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip -- I have to throw in a healthy(er) option.  This is honestly my favorite cookie EVER.  I made myself a cookie cake one Mother's Day using this recipe.

I'll make sure to post pictures after I bake all of them. 
Aren't those plates awesome?  My mom gave them to me for Christmas about 4 years ago. 

But, here's a cookie recipe to tide you over until I post all mine.

Fat Free Fudge Brownie Cookies

3 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder 
3 egg whites
1 cup chocolate chips
1 T vanilla extract

Mix everything together and drop onto a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

It's supposed to make 24, I made 18 big ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment