Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Buti, Buti, Buti!



This post is my 300th post!  I can't believe I've done so many!!  So, to commemorate this day I burned over 300 calories!

A few weeks ago I came across an article online about a new workout called Buti Yoga.  I was really intrigued by it.  But, due to the fact that I live in a small town I assumed that I'd never get to try it.  Imagine my surprise a few days later when my gym announced that at the beginning of the year they were going to start offering a class!

I had to hold off on the class until my lungs were in a bit better shape though.  I finally decided that my lungs were good enough to try it today.  {Even though my family wanted me to stay out of the gym a bit longer} 

After I got all the kids off to school and I ran a few errands I headed to class.  This class is no joke.  It was intense.  It's a mixture of yoga and tribal dance with a sprinkle of twerking.  Up, down, hip swivel, downward dog!  My legs were jelly after class.

I wore my heart rate monitor to class and even tho it decided to pause on me about 10 minutes before class was over I had already hit 300 calories.  Needless to say, I will definitely be going back to class next week.  {and the week after, and the week after that}  

If you want a workout that doesn't feel like a workout and isn't one of your typical exercise classes, find a Buti class!  Below is a link to the Buti Yoga site and a link to a YouTube video of a Buti routine for y'all to check out.  


Official Buti Yoga Site

Good Earth Tea Buti Workout Video on YouTube

Have you taken a Buti class??  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment