Friday, January 17, 2014

My Favorite Christmas Gift -- A review

Due to me being sick I never told y'all about Christmas.  I honestly recieved most of my Christmas list.  

One of the best gifts I got was from my parents.  It's a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Moniter watch.  I love it!  And it's PINK!  




I was a bit hesitent about the chest strap at first though.  I wasn't certain it wasn't going to be annoying.  To be honest, I didn't want one.  After you put it on you actually forget you are wearing it.  

I have used it every time I've worked out.  This is a great starter heart rate moniter.  When you have your chest strap on it tells you your heart rate, calories burned, the length of time you are in your heart rate "zone", and the length of time you've been working out.  

Using my moniter actually motivates me to workout longer and harder.  I love watching the calories rack up.  Normally I'm bored at the gym after about 20 minutes and I have to fight with myself to stay another 10.  The last time I went to the gym I did 45 minutes and only left because I had errands to run.  

My only wish is that the watch had a few more features.  The type of feautures you'd find on a typical watch, stopwatch, alarm, that type of thing.  But overall, I am very pleased.  

Polar has recently released their mobile tracker app, Polar Beat, for the Samsung Galaxy S4.  It allows you to track all your data, plan out how many calories you want to burn, analyze your workout, and even share your stats via Facebook and Twitter {do you follow me on Facebook and Twitter??  You should!  Check below for the links to both pages}.  You need one of their Bluetooth enabled chest straps though.  I think that one will definately be on my birthday list.  

But, I would highly reccommend the Polar FT4.  I give it 2 thumbs up and 5 stars.




Links

Polar FT4
Fat Free Queen Facebook
Fat Free Queen Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment