I adapted this recipe from Happy Herbivore Light and Lean cookbook. My recipe isn't vegan but it's equally delicious and I'm pretty certain it has less fat.
Orange Zucchini Muffins
Makes 12 regular or 30 mini muffins
1.5 c flour
1 T baking powder
1 small banana
.75 c skim milk
.5 c fat free Greek yogurt
zest and juice of a clementine/blood orange
1 cup shredded zucchini (about 2 small zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a muffin tin (I made mini muffins as you can see)
- Squeeze all the water out of your shredded zucchini and set aside
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a blender or food processor puree banana, milk, yogurt, zest and orange juice
- Mix banana mixture into flour mixture.
- Fold in zucchini
- Bake 18-25 minutes for regular muffins and 15-20 minutes for mini muffins
These were delicious. The orange stood out but didn't overpower. The zucchini added a nice bit of moisture. You can actually substitute the orange for any citrus probably. The original recipe calls for lemon. It would be nice to try with grapefruit.