Friday, May 4, 2012

Guess how much my watermelons weigh...

Go on.  Guess!!


Is that your final answer?


Well, you'll just have to wait to find out the weight of my melons.




Amount Spent: $54




I have no clue what I'm going to do with the brown mushrooms.  Do any of you have a good recipe for brown mushrooms?


Another sunny day at the market.  I got a phenomenal parking spot which makes my trip even better.  I went with a short list so I was really surprised when my vegetable bill came to $30.  I guess I picked up more things than I realized.  


In addition to all of these beautiful fruits and veggies I bought these:
60 pounds of watermelon
3 huge, yummy looking watermelon.  Sugar-free month has caused our watermelon consumption to skyrocket.  The girls and I go through a watermelon every other day.  I weighed these bad boys and there's over 60 pounds of watermelon.  That's only a little more than Mo weighs.  
I figure that since I'm showing you the vegetables that I use for my dinners I should let you in on what I'm making.  (Warning: I have a tendency to not make the thing that I have planned on the day it's planned for)

Weekly Menu
Tuesday -- Grilled Cheese
Wednesday -- "Chicken" and Dumplings
Thursday -- Tuna Burgers
Friday -- Omelets
Saturday -- Quesadillas
Sunday -- Stirfry
Monday -- Red Beans & Rice

For dinner tonite I made nachos.  I used fat free cream cheese for my cheese sauce.  It was VERY uneventful boring and plain.  I seriously do NOT recommend substituting shredded cheese for cream cheese.    It didn't taste bad, it just didn't really have a taste.   I put it over sweet potato fries, sauteed mushrooms, onions and peppers.  I really wish I had just melted some fat free shredded cheddar over the top.  


Have you ever substituted something to meet your dietary needs and have it taste not the way you want it to?

No comments:

Post a Comment