Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A test for your stomach

Have you been looking for a quick way to test the strength of your stomach?

Here's my secret test.  Eat bad yogurt.

What?  Were you expecting an answer like, 500 situps or something of that nature?  Nope.  But that's how I tested mine this morning.  Let me just say mine isn't very strong.
On a brighter note, I love my chiropractor.  I am so thankfl I found them.  My massage therapis is amazing.  I fyou live in Flagler County and need a chiropractor or massage therapist go see them.  Carlisi Chiropractic.  They also have offices in Orange City.

Tonite I managed to eat 1/2 a 20 lb watermelon by myself.  I have never felt so bloated and fat after a meal.  But, I wanted to find out more about the health benefits of this humongous, super yummy, summertime delight.



Nutritional Benefits:
High lycopene levels -- Higher than tomatoes.  It has the highest levels of all fruits and veggies.  2 cups of watermelon contain 18.16 mg of lycopene

Heart healthy -- It's a very good source of citruline, which helps maintain blood flow to the heart.  Citruline intake helps maintain cardiovascular function.

Vitamin and mineral rich --  There's a long list of vitamins and minerals that are in this fruit. Vitamins A,C, B6, B5, and beta-carotene, and folic acid.  It also contains calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, copper, iron, and zinc.  It will also give you 10% of your daily recommended potassium.

Health Benefits
It's a great diuretic.  It also has a laundry list of health problems that it will help you with.  Asthma, athritis, bladder problems, cholesterol, and skin blemishes, just to name a few.

Take a look at the links at the bottom of the page to see all the benefits of watermelon. I know that I will be eating it alot more now that I know that it has all of these benefits.

What's your favorite summer fruit?

Links:
Juicing For Health
National Watermelon Promotion Board

No comments:

Post a Comment