Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy Mother's Day!!!
I was lucky enough to get a whole Mother's Day weekend.  Saturday Kay and Mo were at a birthday party for their friend that lives down the street so it was just Mr. Amazing, Baye and I.  It started off lovely with a surprise bouquet of flowers from Mr. Amazing.


We took Baye to the playground before her nap because the wind was to wild to goto the beach.




Mr. Amazing made me an amazing dinner of shrimp, salmon and corn.  They were all bought from the farmers market.  It feel good to eat a whole meal that was grown and caught locally.  I put an awesome chile-garlic glaze on the salmon.  I just mixed chile garlic sauce and a bit of soy sauce together with a few chopped green onions.  It was incredible.
For dessert I made myself a cookie cake.  I love cookie cakes.  I also love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  So I make myself an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie cake like you'd find at one of the cookie companies in the mall, frosting and all.  I made this super healthy.
I found the recipe at Very Best Baking.  The link is at the bottom of the page.





  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
  • 1 1/4 cups stevia
  • 2 tablespoons molasses
  • 1 cup  mashed bananas (approximately 4)
  • 1/2 cup stevia 
  • egg substitute equivilant of 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons skim milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chocolate chips  (I did 1/2 a cup of m&ms and 1  1/2 cups of chips)

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat stevia, molasses, and bananas in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg substitute, milk and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, and chocolate; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12 to 13 minutes for crispy cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely. 



I actually spread it all in a pizza pan and baked it for about 20 minutes.  


After dinner we took Baye to wander around St. Augustine.  We had a blast.

Baye and her ice cream


Mr Amazing and Baye

One of the main roads past Downtown

The boats and the Bridge of Lions

Sunday the girls and I went to the beach with a friend and neighbor.  She made me this:
Katie- Happy Mommy's Day!  I love you!  You're not only a fantastic mother you're a one of a kind, beautiful hearted soul sister & best friend!  Love always, Anjel
 Please pardon the magnet.


I had a great weekend.

What did you do for Mother's Day?

Link:
http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/30173/Choc-Oat-Chip-Cookies/detail.aspx


No comments:

Post a Comment