Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's Kimchi day!

Current Weight: 118.8 lbs
Difference from last week:  -.6 lbs
Waist measurement:  27.25 inches
Difference from last week: -.75 inches


Goal Weight: 115
Goal Date: June 2nd, (Kay's birthday party)


Well, it's a start I guess.  I weighed myself earlier in the week and I was down to 117.4.  I was super proud of myself hoping I'd get to my goal weight by today but, no such luck.  I've figured out the only way to lose weight is for me to do about an hour of heavy duty exercise a day.  But, I'm happy with losing .6 lbs.
I was pretty active today.  I went for a 40 minute bike ride and took Baye to the pool for about 30 minutes.  When I bike I pull Baye around in a trailer.  I've always wondered how many extra calories I burn biking with that.  I found this equation online.


(My weight + bike weight + trailer weight + kid weight) x 0.28 = calories burned per mile


Okay if that equation is true then I burned


(118.8 + 46 + 29 +26) x 0.28 =
220 x 0.28 = 61.6 calories per mile
61.6 x 6 miles = 369.6


According to SparkPeople.com I only burned 150 calories.  That's a huge difference!




I got one of the greatest things in the mail today.  My mother-in-law sent me kimchi!!!  I wanted to kiss the UPS guy when he came to the door.   She didn't send me a trivial amount of kimchi.  She sent me 31 lbs of kimchi!!!


The label from the box.  31 POUNDS!!!
I am addicted to kimchi.  I'm actually a Korean food addict.  I would love to move to Korea but, I also know if I moved there I would gain all 80 pounds I've lost back and then 100 more.  


Of course I set some out for dinner.  (The UPS guy had perfect timing.  We were about 30 minutes from dinner when he arrived.)  I also made tuna burgers and mahi bugers for dinner.  Unfortunately I don't have a picture.  I'm hoping I can start to remember to take photos of all the meals that I want to include on here.  I always remember AFTER dinner that I needed a picture.  They were really delicious.  I know I overdid my fat intake at dinner due to the fact that I didn't pay attention to the buns I bought.  My dinner totaled around 10g of fat.  I can only have a max of about 5g without getting horribly sick the next morning.  


Anyway, here's the recipe.


1.5 lbs fresh (or frozen) firm fish filets or steaks (I split mine and made 2 tuna burgers and 2 mahi burgers)
2 T garlic
2 egg whites



  1. Roughly chop fish and put it in food processor
  2. Add garlic and process until fish is finely ground
  3. Mix in egg whites
  4. Form into 4 patties
  5. Place in panini press and cook for 5 minutes.  Or place in heated and oiled sautee pan and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side 


I'll leave you with a picture of my fridge after my husband put all the kimchi in jars
On the middle shelf is radish kimchi and the bottom shelf is 31 lbs of cabbage kimchi

What ethnic food can you not live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment