I guess I should fill you in on the title shouldn't I?
I adore this series of cookbooks. The other 2 books that David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding wrote, Cook This, Not That and Cook This, Not That Easy & Awesome 350 Calorie Meals, are so worn out from use and they contain cryptic notes about whether or not the girls liked it.
Grill This, Not That has a ton of recipes. They have a nice, big seafood and vegetable section.
Dinner tonite was fat-free mac and cheese. I adapted the recipe from here:
Bobby Deen's Mac and Cheese
Baked Mac and Cheese
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 45
Keywords: bake entree Mushrooms pasta cheese
A fat free, lightened up macaroni and cheese recipe. The girls loved it.
Ingredients (approx 8)
- 4 cups cooked pasta, drained (I used vegetable spirals)
- 2 cups fat-free shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Egg substitute equal to 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 portobello mushroom caps, cut into medium chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a casserole dish with pan spray.
- Put chopped onions and mushrooms in large bowl.
- Cook the pasta, mix in with the onions and mushrooms and add the cheese to the pasta vegetable mixture
- In a separate bowl mix together the milk, egg substitute, mustard, salt, and sour cream
- Add the milk mixture to the pasta mixture.
- Place it all into your greased casserole dish
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes until bubbly and hot
It was delicious and the girls really liked it. I liked the fact that it wasn't incredibly pasta heavy like a normal mac and cheese is. I just wish that I had remember to get a picture of it (even though it wasn't pretty at all)
What's your favorite cookbook?