Sunday, July 8, 2012

Frozen Pumpkin Dessert

I make some obscure things in order to use stuff up.  Today it was Marshmallow Fluff.  I'm addicted to the stuff so I needed to get it out of my pantry.

Kay asks me every so often to make a pumpkin cheesecake so I made this instead.


Frozen Pumpkin Dessert
16 oz jar Marshmallow Fluff
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 c brown sugar
15 oz can pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 T pumpkin pie spice

  1. Mix ingredients together in a bowl
  2. Freeze for 4 hours
When I served it I put  a few animal crackers in the bowl and sprinkled it with cinnamon (per Kay's request.)

I haven't figured out the calories for it yet.  Honestly I don't think I really want to know in case it's not as healthy as I think it is.  It's fat free though.

You know what helps you cut calories besides fat-free desserts?  Your 3-year-old puking in the middle of lunch AND dinner.  Yeah, my poor baby was feeling crummy this afternoon.  After we got home from the beach she threw up while Kay, Mo and their friend were eating lunch.  After nap she spiked a fever of 102 THEN she threw up again at the dinner table.

I feel so bad for my sick baby.  Don't you hate when your kids get ill?

No comments:

Post a Comment