Monday, July 30, 2012

Road to the Olympics

Source: Wikipedia

Have you been watching the Olympics?  I have.  I've DVR'd all the coverage and I fast forward through the sports that I'm not interested in.  It has surprised me how much Mr. Amazing has gotten into the Olympics.  We watched it last night and he talked thru it amazed by certain things, telling me what he could/couldn't do, and planning his road to the 2016 Olympics.  (I've had mine mine mapped out for about 18 months.)


I think the Olympic Games are a great way to get people, especially kids interested in sports.  I know that during the Olympics I think "I should learn to do that!", "Oh!  I should start practicing doing that," or "That looks like a great workout." atleast once during most of the sports.  I also start working out harder to get their amazing bodies.


It's also been great to be able to introduce Kay, Mo and even Baye to the various sports.  Mo has recently become obsessed with gymnastics so she's been watching that with me.  Kay loves soccer so I'm going to turn on a few of the games for her.  


Maybe one day I'll get to sit at the Olympics and watch one of my daughters compete.  (Yes, I have high hopes for SOMEONE in this family competing in the Olympics.) 


I actually found some research that was done about this.  The SGMA did a study on the Olympic games and participation in various sports.  You can read it all here.  It's really interesting.


What about y'all?  Do you get more interested/involved in sports or health or exercise after the Olympics?  

No comments:

Post a Comment