Friday, July 27, 2012

Scrambled Post

Has it really been 4 days since my last post?  Wow!  The past 4 days have been really uneventful.  I've never had a time when I haven't found ANYTHING to blog about.  


I'm super excited about August's NaBloPoMo.  It's all about Sweets.  Sweet treats, sweet people, sweet things, everything SWEET!  


But the past few days I've been doing YouTube workouts from a couple blogs I love Bex Life and Blogilates.  Browse through some of their videos and pick out a few.  You'll thank me later.  They're kicking my butt.  I feel superhuman when I'm done tho.  This morning I looked in the mirror and in my mind I was like "I'm a beast!  I can conquer the world!" Has that ever happened to you?


Yesterday's dinner was Fruit Soup, muffins and banana bread.


Here are the recipes:


Fruit Soup
1 Kiwi
1 lb Strawberries
2 Plums
1 container blueberries
Handful of raspberries
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1 cup Orange Juice
1/4 cup (or to taste) sugar-free maple syrup or other liquid sweetener



  1. Roughly chop fruit
  2. Place everything in blender.  If you need to then do it in 2 batches. 
  3. Place in fridge and chill.
  4. Garnish with a few chopped up fruits if you'd like.

Banana Bread (Adapted from Eat Better America: Banana Bread)



1 1/4 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons plain applesauce
3/4 cup egg substitute
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (I used 4)
2/3 cup nonfat yogurt (I actually used blueberry and it worked REALLY well)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups whole grain cereal (I actually used Baye's Dora cereal.  It was the only whole(ish) grain cereal we had in the house)



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place racks in the lowest part of the oven.  Coat 2 loaf pans with pan spray
  2. Mix sugar and applesauce.  Add egg substitute.  Mix well.
  3. Mix in bananas, yogurt and vanilla.  Add in dry ingredients except for cereal.
  4. Fold in cereal.
  5. Pour into prepared pans
  6. Bake for 60 - 75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Let it cook for 5 minutes then remove bread from pans and let cool completly.  This will take about an hour.

Okay, seriously, I cut into mine about 15 minutes after it came out of the oven.  It was still warm and it was AMAZING!  

Here's the final recipe of the day.  This one is adapted from Finding Joy In My Kitchen

Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
  • 1 1/2 C All Purpose flour
  • 1 C Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 C sugar
  • 1 C Lemon Greek Yogurt (Nonfat)
  • 1/2 C applesauce
  • 1/4 C Nonfat milk (dairy or non dairy, your choice)
  • 1/4 cup egg substitute (equal to 1 egg)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 C blueberries
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 385.  Coat muffin pans with pan spray or line with muffin cups.  This recipe makes 24 muffins
  2. In a medium bowl blend together all dry ingredients except blueberries
  3. In a separate bowl mix together all wet ingredients.
  4. Stir together wet and dry.
  5. Fold in blueberries.
  6. Spoon into muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.

These were delicious!  I think next time I might add a little lemon zest or lemon juice.  They only had a light lemon flavor when I was going for BAM! in your face lemon.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment