Friday, April 13, 2012

Gotta Get My Veggies


Today I spent $53 at the market.  Here’s what I brought home.

It was a gorgeous day to goto the farmers market.  Bright blue sky, not to hot, just perfect!  I got a lot of great stuff.  I decidd to buy some Gouda from the new dairy farmer.  I love cheese and can’t pass up the chance to try something new.  I just wish cheese was cheaper.  The muffin man was back today.  I was so excited.  I bought one for Kay and Baye claimed one.  That leaves only 4 for me.  But I figure by them taking 2 they’ve saved me between 300 and 500 calories.  Mr. Amazing had me buy the bok choy so he can make us something special.  I love being married to a man that can cook.

My friend took my kids to a movie at Kay’s school so I had a night to myself.  The first night withpout any kids in over 3 years.  I had grand dreams of a long swim and maybe a walk.  My swim lasted 20 minutes (I was completely worn out after 20 minutes (I have a long way to go before I can consider the Olympoics don’t I?)  It was great to be back in the water though.

Breakfast
Chiobani Blueberry
Banana

Snack
Blueberries
Grapes

Dinner
Peanut butter and jelly french toast  (I'll post the recipe soon)
Liquid egg substitute (leftover french toast dip)


Speaking of dinners, here's my dinner from a few nights ago.  Fat free taco salad.  Lettuce, sauteed mushrooms and onions, salsa, beans, sour cream and refried beans.  


Workout
45 minute pool trip with Baye
1 mile bike ride (to and from pool)
10 minute freestyle
10 minute breast stroke

Goals check
1)      Get my waist measurement under 27
          Still working on this one
2)      Weight at or below 115

          Only a few pounds away
3)      Stop snacking
          I haven't stopped yet but, I only snack on fresh fruits 
4)      Exercise everyday

          Done!
5)      Cut out 99% of the fat from my diet

          Done!
6)      Cut out 95% of all sugar

          I've cut out about 75% I think
7)      Cut out 90% of all processed/packaged food

          Except for things I can't make myself like yogurt I've done really well
8)      Make it 12 days without sugar (April 9-19th)   

          As you have read from my post a few days ago I've switched the dates up.  We're going to start in May
9)      Limit carbs to 2x per week
          I had bread yesterday and I think that was my only carb for the week

No comments:

Post a Comment