Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wacky Workouts




          On the days I can’t get away from the house to workout I find new ways to workout at the house.  Today I didn't feel like having my daughters give me weird looks so, I put on my shoes and workout clothes and headed into the backyard.  
          I started out with suicide drills using the longer side of my L-shaped yard.  I used the fence posts as my turn around lines.  After each complete drill I would stop and do 50 jumping jacks and 10 burpees.  I hate burpees but because of the fire ants in my backyard I decided burpees were the lesser of 2 evils.  Normally I would do pushups and sit-ups or planks.  I did this for about 5 minutes.  Then I sprinted the shorter side for 2 minutes.             Note:  I am not a runner.  Running kills my already bad knees and I normally don’t like putting myself in that much pain.  I also know that running burns more calories than walking so, in order to get a quick burn I run.  After I was done running I didn’t want to stop exercising so I looked around my yard and noticed that there were a few paving stones in one corner of the yard.  They were the perfect distance to hop from.  So, I started hopping from stone to stone.  I would alternate legs every few rounds.  I jumped side to side, front to back, I used 1 leg, use both legs…you get the idea, I switched it up a lot. 
                My workout for the day is below.  I need to start training more for my stair climb.  My time is really starting to not look good.  I’m going to go drink a nice big glass of water and ice my knees. 

Morning workout:
10 pushups
20 burpees
30 jumping jacks
40 reverse crunches
50 crunches
60 second plank (I did mine with Baye on my back)

Afternoon Workout:
5 minutes of stairs
5 minute suicide drills
250 jumping jacks
50 burpees
2 minute sprint

What’s your “wacky” workout?  How do you find new ways to exercise around the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment