Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Week in Review (i.e. I didn't have time to blog so I'm doing it now)

Monday & Tuesday
I didn’t get out much these days.  The temperatures didn’t get above about 75 degrees either day.  I took a walk with my mom on Tuesday to get out of the house and to get some fresh air. 

Wacky Workout Wednesday
I took a walk with my mom  and found a cinder block in the water so I carried it a mile back down the beach.  I made Mr. Amazing go pick it up from the beach.  
My cinder block

For dinner I made a supersized jalepeno popper using a large spicy pepper.  They turned out well.  My only complaint was that the pepper wasn’t spicy enough.  I am now on a mission to find the perfect pepper for a large spicy pepper popper.  I adapted the recipe from Cook This NotThat.  

Pepper Poppers
1 cup cremini or button mushrooms, diced
1/2 onion, minced
1/2 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese
8 oz fat free cream cheese
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 green chile peppers (the larger ones)

How to Make It:
*Preheat the oven to 400F.
*Heat skillet over medium-high heat.  Put the mushrooms and onions in and cook about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are brown and the onions are clear.
 *Combine the cream cheese, cheese onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper in a medium bowl
*Cut the peppers in half
*Stuff each pepper with a quarter of the mixture.  Place the peppers on a baking pan.  Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.

Tomorrow's weigh in day!  Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment