Sunday, April 15, 2012

Picture Post

These are some various photos that I've wanted to post but really didn't have any place to put them.  
Kimchi Stew!!

For those of you who haven't heard of kimchi " is a traditional fermented Korean dish made of vegetables with a variety of seasonings"  (Wikipedia)  The most common is made with cabbage but, I've also had it with diakon radish (my favorite), cucumber, green onions, and bean sprouts.  I love all of them.  Mr. Amazing is half Korean and his mom spoils me with all the yummy Korean food whenever we go visit them in Tacoma.  I miss Korean food.  We don't have a Korean grocery less than 45 minutes away
I adapted the recipe from Maangchi.  Click here for the original recipe.

Kimchi Stew
* 5 cups chopped kimchi
* 1 Tbsp sugar
* 1 tsp hot pepper flakes (I used red pepper flakes because we were all out of the Korean kind)
* 1 Tbsp hot pepper paste (I love this stuff)
* 1 onion, sliced
* 5 cups water 

1)  Put the chopped kimchi and juice in a pot
2)  Add the onions, sugar, hot pepper flakes, and hot pepper paste
3)  Add water
4)  Put lid on and boil for 15 minutes on high heat and then another 20 minutes on medium heat

Me and the girls at the beach

Building an "island"
 Did you know that building a sand castle burns about 100 calories an hour?
Me the night we got to the campground.  I had been stuck in the car and in the house all day and felt I had to get some sort of burn.  I did step-ups using the bench and I did incline pushups.  I also ran sprints from the front and back of the spot.  

I hate the gym so I made this.  I also feel like unless you lift weights or need special accommodations then you don't need a gym.  A bike, some stairs and running shoes is all you need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment