Thursday, April 5, 2012

Smashed Muffins and my Weekly Accountability

          One of the reasons I started this blog is because of the fact that I wanted to hold myself accountable for my weight.  And I figure by posting it for all the world to see then I have to own up to what I have done right and/or wrong every week.  I figure Thursdays are a good day for my weigh ins.  Last week I was 113.  Today when I woke up I was 118.  I’ve had a very bad week.  I’ve bounce around from 114 to 118 and back to 115 then back up.  Ugh.  I’m very not happy about it but, I figure what’s really important is the inches.  Today I woke up with a waist measurement of 27.5.  I want to be at 26.5.  I’ll post my monthly goals tomorrow.  On to a more interesting topic.

When I got back from the trip and unpacked the food bags I noticed that all of the muffins I had packed for myself were smashed.  Complete 100% crumbs.  I didn’t want to toss them so I started thinking about what I can do with them so they wouldn’t goto waste.  Mr. Amazing suggested that I make a cheesecake and use them as the crust.  I have no clue why I didn’t think up that idea (I adore cheesecake and have been only able to make crustless cheesecakes).

Here’s the recipe:

1 can of blueberry pie filling
16 oz fat free cream cheese, softened
8 oz fat free Cool Whip, thawed

1)  In a spring form pan press the muffin crumbs on the bottom to make a crust
2)  Mix the pie filling and cream cheese together with a hand mixer
3)  Fold in Cool Whip
4)  Pour into the crust
5)  Refrigerate for 2-3 hours


It came out really well.  It wasn’t as “cheesy” as I like my cheesecakes.  If I was going to make it over again I’d make a few small changes.  I’d put the crust in the oven for a few minutes to hopefully bind it together (it was very crumbly.)  Secondly I’d probably leave out the Cool Whip all together.  It mellowed out the cheese flavor and I think that it would be interesting to try.

I think that next I’m going to try using my fat free banana muffin mix to make a crust for a banana cream pie.  But first the family is going go sugar free for almost 2 weeks.  I’ve been really bad about allowing them to have too many sweets (something I never used to do.)  So I figure I’ll cut it out completely for a while and get them used to not eating it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment