Sunday, March 3, 2013

Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day



March is National Nutrition Month.  The theme this year is "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day."  This statement is broad and specific all at the same time, in my mind.  If you type "healthy eating" into Google you get over 245 million results.  Obviously, this is a hot topic.  But, not every diet is right for every person.  I have tried a handful of diets over the years.  I even did a diet test for a month.  I stuck to a certain diet each week for a month to see how they compared.  And from reading up on 90% of the diets that are out there I know I definately can't do a raw vegan diet due to my dietary needs.  There are too many nuts and too much fat.  But it works for many other people including body builders and fitness models.  I also know that the Paleo diet seems completely crazy to me.  Plus, it's not the easiest to follow if you don't eat meat.  (It is possible and I'm NOT saying that people who follow it are crazy, it's just too crazy for me)

I follow the KT diet.  I eat what works for me.  And this is how I believe everybody should eat.  Stay away from the foods that have been deemed "bad for you" and eat the foods that work for your body, and your lifestyle.  

The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has a TON of useful information.  Go check them out!  And just remember...  


No comments:

Post a Comment