Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Yesterday I made green cupcakes, [the recipe is coming for you tomorrow] today I made potatoes, cabbage and corned beef.
I love oven roasted food. Partially because my stove looks like this:
Yep, that's right. I do all my cooking on one burner. And it's been like this for a few years. So, I love doing things in the oven because I can cook 2 or 3 things at once. Plus, the oven is a "set-it-and-forget-it" way to cook.
I found the recipe on Pinterest for the cabbage. It comes from a blog called Green Lite Bites.
|Pardon the sad plate. I was starving so I snapped a quick picture|
Packet Oven Roasted Cabbage
1 head of cabbage
herbs and spices of your choice
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Rinse the cabbage and remove the bad leaves
- Quarter the cabbage (cut in half and then cut the halves in half, along the core)
- Lay each quarter on a piece of aluminum foil
- Wrap and bake for 20-30 minutes (if you like it softer then bake longer. I actually baked mine for close to an hour)
Roasted Creamer Potatoes
Creamer potatoes (I didn't weigh mine)
Herbs and spices
- Clean and scrub potatoes
- Put them in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 while potatoes are boiling
- Drain and put potatoes on a large baking sheet
- Spray again with pan spray and then sprinkle on herbs and spices
- Roast for 20-30 minutes until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
Oh, and by the way, I'll have a cabbage soup coming for you....I made WAY too much cabbage tonite.