Almost Fat Free Strata
Serves 5 (Mine was cut into 15 pieces so that's 3 pieces per person each slice has 75 calories and 0.3 grams of fat )
Fat: 0.8 gram
Protein: 23.5 grams
10 slices of reduced calorie whole wheat bread, cubed
1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
6 medium mushroom diced, (2 cups)
10 baby carrots, sliced paper thin
1/2 of a butternut squash
1 1/4 c egg substitute (approx 6 eggs)
1 1/2 c skim milk
1 cup fat free mozzarella
1/4 c fat free feta
1/2 c lima beans
1/4 cup soy crumbles
- Sautee mushrooms, onions, and carrots until soft. At the end add the squash, soy crumbles and lima beans until warm, cool slightly
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg substitute, milk, and cheeses.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan and put the bread half the bread evenly along the bottom
- Spread vegetable mixture, and ontop of that the rest of the bread
- Pour egg, milk and cheese over the bread and vegetables. Press down to make sure that all the bread soaks up some liquid. Put in the fridge for atleast 2 hours.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
What vegetables would/do you put in your strata?